Samstag, 15. September 2012

Shoes

Not for me, obviously, but for Crispin. Like most horse owners I much prefer a barefoot horse if possible, but after the coffin bone incident I decided to give up and try shoeing him for a while. Just in the front. The footing at the new barn is just a little too much for his feet and I do want to go out with him more. But even after 8 weeks of just turnout there wasn't much hoof left to trim, so I decided to give shoeing him a go.


I picked a farrier who might not excell at shoeing (though, I do think he did a decent job!) but seemed to be willing to take his time with Crispin. And he did! I have to say Crispin wasn't half as bad as I had expected. I knew that fitting the hot shoes would be an issue, but even that wasn't too bad. He's not quite comfortable with the shoes jet, no pain or anything, but they seem to have thrown him off balance a little again (like that wasn't an issue anyway!).


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen