Montag, 2. November 2015

And here we go again. We need a new Saddle, oh my!

The day finally came, Crispin outgrew his Sommer. No real surprise there but I've dreaded the day. The Chiro was here about 6 weeks ago. I already knew that the fit of the saddle wasn't that great anymore and when she pointed out pressure points at the stirrup bars, I decided it was time to move on. I haven't used the saddle since.

I had a fitter out that specializes in Harry Dabbs, as I wanted to see the Harry Dabbs extra CC Dressage on Crispin. He didn't bring that one but will be back with a couple mores saddles soon. So far Harry Dabbs could be a posibility.  I also had my fitter out but there isn't anything he can do for us anymore. All Sommer saddles are as wide as Crispin's or more narrow in the tree.

*insert weeks of waiting and Crispin getting first, kicked in the right leg, then in the left, then lost a shoe, then taking off both shoes for the winter*

Well, I started this post a while ago and am back in saddle fitting hell. At this point I have been without a saddle for over two months (about 10 weeks, I think) and there is NO solution in sight. I have not tried the Harry Dabbs Extra yet nor the Bucks Manufactum (the other brand the Harry Dabbs fitter carries) because that fitter is impossible to get out due to a busy schedule. He did, however, offer to let me take the Harry Dabbs and try in by myself. I have not done that yet, because there was always something going on with Crispin that would have made it difficult to assess a saddle.

I also tried to get in touch with Harry Dabbs directly but they happily suggested that I get in touch with the fitter with the busy schedule. Great, thanks. *sigh*

So, for what it's worth. I got myself a flexi ruler and took measurements and pictures of the back in question:








2 Kommentare:

  1. Habe ich dir schon gesagt, der Sommer Spirit Distanzsattel ist mein Deutscher Traumsattel. Ich gehe immer beim Messen zu ihn und fasse ihn an. So ein Sexy ding!

    Hast du ein bareback pad dass du benutzen kann in der zwischenzeit? Ich habe mich gegoennt, und ein Physio von Barefoot gekauft. Das ist ein luxus wenn ich Sattel-fit Probleme habe. Natuerlich habe ich kein Pferd so es liegt im Speicher seit...zu lange.

    Warum rede ich Deutsch wann dein Blog auf Englisch ist. pffffft.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. ...zur Übung?! ;-)

    I still like the Sommer and it's features. They just don't come in a wide enough tree.

    It looks like my next and hopefully final saddle is going to be a Harry Dabbs. British horse, british saddle. It does make sense... ;-)

    Actually, I just sold my Grandeur Barock Lammfellsattel just like I did the Christ Iberica Lamfellsattel a while back. As soon as there is a girth involved we have issues. When I bought the Grandeur I also got the Christ sheepskin pad made for Lammfellsättel. That one I've kept. It has about 3cm foam padding plus the sheepskin. And surprisingly, I can ride with just that pad, no girth or anything. Go figure.

    AntwortenLöschen