Freitag, 26. März 2010

Tarps and Tapes

Another big thing on my to-do list is desensetizing/de-spooking Crispin, especially if I'm really going through with the plan of showing him in the "Gelassenheitsprüfung an der Hand" at the Bundeschau. Only problem?! I have no talent and even less motivation of doing so!

So... ...why not doing things a little differently and let the herd do my job!

On saturday I started to put up some "scarry" stuff in the paddock (I only put the stuff in as long as I'm there and take it out again before I leave). The first thing was a "Flattervorhang" made out of red and white barrier tape. Crispin was intrigued the rest of the herd could't care less. Perfect situation!

Crispin watched the other horses for while (they were walking through the tape or were ripping little pieces of tape off) and after they were done he inspected the tape himself, trying out everything he'd seen. Very cute! (Of course he was rewarded with cookies for that!)

A few days latter I added the tarp (well, actually it's a trash bag). I knotted it to the Flattervorhang, no big deal!

Folie h�ngend

Folie h�ngend2

Then I put in on the ground. It was scarry at first...

Am Boden1

...but then he went for the kill...

Am Boden3

...and shredded the thing into pieces!

Am Boden4

The next step was steping on the tarp. He needed a bit of encouragement at first.

Step on

Good Boy!

Step on2

Destruction!

Step on4

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen