Dienstag, 10. August 2010

Busy week ahead

The Bundesschau is only 4 days away and it is going to be a busy week for us.

I have not done as much in hand training as I should have during the last month. On friday the confirmation for the show arrived including the setup for the "Gehorsamsprüfung". It's almost exactly like last year (the video). The only difference is that this time it will be an umbrella that has to be carried (instead of a bucket) while going through the gate. Unfortunately there will also be the "Teeter Totter" included again, like last year. Already one obstacle we will fail (or better not even attempt to try) because I can't train for it at home.

Crispin has not been near a trailer since his arrival almost a year ago. Needless to say that I was very curious about his reaction to it when we did a bit of loading training on sunday and monday. No big deal. We made everything very inviting. He went up and down the ramp a few times (and I let him) and then went in. We loaded and unloaded a couple of times and all went well. Good boy. Obviously Chistina's loading training from last year still sticks.

Today for the first time I set up more or less the whole trail. Crispin was a Star! I think he's never been as good and focused before as he has been today. Since this wasn't the dress rehearsal I'm going to take it as a good omen.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen