Samstag, 2. Juli 2011

Look what I found!!!

Well, ok. I didn't find it all by myself. My neighbours husband tipped me off. But look at this beautiful saddle pad embroided with the welsh dragon!!!

I need another saddle pad as much as I need a second belly button but I couldn't resist this one, isn't it just lovely?!


It seems like Crispin is adjusting just fine to his new home and the new routines. He does have more energy now that he spends his nights in a stall but so far all is good. I lunged or free lunged him every day (except monday and tuesday when it was just way too hot) and he is starting to get used to the new indoor and outdoor rings.

Some people at the new barn already told me that he looks a little like a welsh pony, or a welsh cob cross. Well, thank you! ;-)

Also, the saddle I've been waiting for should be here by next week. I just hope Crispin will be ready and calm enough to be ridden by then, so that I can actually try it.

3 Kommentare:

  1. Where did you find that?! That's awesome!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Hello Kelly,

    that was plain luck. I found it at an outlet store sale I didn't even want to go to in the first place. For the special occasion the store offered custom embroideries and they actually had that pattern for the Welsh Dragon (something I haven't seen before).

    I really like your mare! Amazing how far you've come with her. And I saw that you rode a clinic with Christoph Hess. How was that? I like him and his approach to dressage and riding in general a lot (though I haven't had the chance to audit or even ride with him). I think it is what the (amateur) sport needs right now with all the weirdness that's going on with the sport in the big rings right now.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Hey AmityBee- Drat! I was hoping you could give a lead. We don't have the dragon pads over here, and I, and several others are looking. That one is particularly nice.

    I do train bi-yearly with Hess. He's an excellent coach, and honestly, if you get to go watch him or ride with him, do so. Well worth it. He's honest, positive and very correct. He's helped us out so much in the past two years.

    AntwortenLöschen