Sonntag, 15. September 2013

Boot camp for Crispin


Well, it’s probably not going to be half as bad as it sounds, but I think Crispin needs to graduate and go from “young horse” to “riding horse”. He needs to work a little more and in order to do that, we need to work on his strength and condition. Both will probably go hand in hand.

Over the summer he’s had an easy life, lots of excuses on my part not to ride plus a little injury that kept me from riding for 3 weeks. What I’m planning to do is just a little more of everything. In the past I did not ride the day before or after a lesson, I did not really ride more than two days in a row, and I have given him many “lazy” days with just some extra paddock time, 30 min in the hotwalker or just a little lunging on the rope halter.

The idea is to:

- ride more (and ask for more under saddle)
- start jumping under saddle
- go out more (on trail rides or to our little track)
- longline or ground drive
- free jump

...and try to go for a run myself on the days I do not ride.




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen