Montag, 8. Februar 2016

What we do without a saddle

I have been witout a saddle for well over three months now. It is getting old, fast.

I do ride. I use the Christ sheepskin pad I got for the Grandeur, which has 3 cm foam padding. No girth.

I even take lessons bare back. I'm also taking lessons in in-hand work, trick training and, that is something new, long reining.

Crispin is a good sport about it and working well, but we are not really progressing at all. There is only so much I can work on under saddle, without actually having a saddle...




- I do not ride more than 2 to 3 times a week.
- I do at least 20 min of walk before trotting since I cant really post or I longe him before I get on.
- Canter work I do mostly on the longe as well.

I don't feel confident to trail ride without a saddle, so we go on walks if the weather is nice enough.



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen