Montag, 15. November 2010

This is where we try again...

Even though the leeches did a decent job they are just not up to the challange. The swelling is very big, the weather not ideal for the bloodsuckers, it's too cold and Crispin doesn't enjoy the procedure too much either and is starting to put up a fight each time we are try to treat him.

Since I can not leave things the was they are I took the chance and let the vet try again. The procedure is a little different now and I really hope it will work this time.

The plan was to open up the swelling again, drain it again, clean it out very thoroughly and then leave a drainage in for a couple of days . The idea was to get a little inflamation into the wound so it will heal better. The dressing is also different this time. Much smaller. This time I will be able to change it myself plus he will be able to go out with too.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen