Mittwoch, 3. November 2010

Well, that was a waste of time (and money!)

...nothing has changed! The swelling is just as big as ever (well, maybe it's a little smaller than before). I did everything like I was told to. Left the bandage on till monday. The vet had said to leave it on until the weekend or as long as possible. Once I took it off I could see that it had slipped more than it looked like from the outside. There was a little swelling about half the original size but bigger than it had been monday.

I had to leave Crispin without a bandage overnight and the next day all the fluid had run back and the swelling was just like it was 17 days ago. Bummer. No need to tell you just how upset I was. Not only did I already spend a fortune on the treatment, this also means that I would probably have continue with putting Crispin in the Robert- Jones for weeks and weeks, spending a lot of money and worst of all confine Crispin to weeks on end of stall rest. Not really an option.

I talked to the vet. He told me that, if I was willing to do most of the work myself, he'd be willing to cut open the leg once more. He'd go a little deeper this time to cause a little more inflamation and  he would show me how to put on the bandage and how to continue with the treatment. I would of course have to pay for the material used, but he'd work for free. It's an option.

The second option is giving the leeches a chance. The vet will not be able to do the procedure before the middle of november. In the meantime I'll give the leeches a try and see how that will turn out...

*sight*

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen