Mittwoch, 19. Januar 2011

All we need now is a (well fitting) saddle...

I haven't posted for a while because there isn't that much to tell plus I'm quite busy with other stuff at the moment.

BUT, For the first time ever Crispin is on a real training schedule. I lunge him every other day, alternating the training aid/bit and bridle combo with the rope halter and saddle combo. Each lunging session is about 20 minutes or less combined with some groundwork.

The groundwork is either getting him to understand and listen to the bit or working at the mounting block. I think he is basically ready for the next step. Mounting and carrying a rider. Unforunately, I still don't have a saddle that really fits him. I already called the saddler but he has been out of town for the last 10 days. He's back in town now and I really hope I can have him over soon and that we'll find a good solution for Crispin (and that nothing else pops up) so that I can finally take the next big step!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen