Sonntag, 6. Februar 2011

An exciting weekend.

This weekend was very exciting for Crispin (and for me too). On saturday I got on him for the forth time and for the first time rode him without a ground person. He was a very good boy but the first few minutes were very chaotic! Chaotic in a fun and relaxed way. He was confused and I felt pretty helpless, because he (of course) doesn't understand the aids from the saddle yet. But even besides the fact that steering was basically non existent I felt safe up there on his back and luckily the brakes already work pretty well, which is interesting because, when I worked him with the bit from the ground it was just the other way around. I could never really stop him from the bit then, but steering worked well.

I even have a video from saturday:


On sunday we did a little bit of freejumping. Something we haven't done since last april. And just like last year Crispin was a good boy. They had put up a lot of bounces. A lot of poles to handle for Crispin so I decided to stick with the low bounces and did not make the jumps higher. I have a video of the freejumping too:


Personally, I like the round before the last best!

AND before I forget again, I did measure Crispin last week. He's about 157,5 cm tall now. Big guy.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen