Dienstag, 1. Februar 2011

I rode Crispin!!!

Well, I sat on him and a good friend walked with us holding the lead, just in case (and very good that she did, too!)

Our first "ride" ever! What a great feeling! 

I lunged Crispin at first and he was unusually "fresh", bucking and galloping on the lunge, something he never did before. It had been quite cold and I'm guessing that he didn't move and play as much in the paddock as usual due to the frozen ground.

But, we had the indoor all to ourself and I couldn't let this chance pass. So, we took him to the mounting aid and I got on and off like the last time. No problem.

Then I got on again and asked him (voice only!) to walk "cluckcluck, scheeeritt!". Nothing. I asked again while my friend starts walking too. He goes one step, stops. Goes another step, gets tense and does a tiny crow hop. We stop. He relaxes. I cluck, he moves, we praise, he stops. This goes on for a few steps. Step, paise, stop. Step, praise, stop. Then he starts to understand what we want him to do. Very hesitantly he walks on for a few meters before I stop him, prais him. He gets a treat and I get off. Good boy!

We return to the mounting aid, I get on again. I cluck, my friend starts to walk and Crispin takes one step and then another until he actually starts to move more freely for half a round or so. I stop him, praise him and he gets a  treat.

And then, like the true journalist I am, I risk life and health just to get some proof of this important event on camera! (Daniela handed me the lead to take those pictures, so I was all on my own up there for the first time.)

He makes the funny faces because he expects me to hand over another treat!

Standing still Crispin is very content with me being up there on his back. Actually, he seemed to be much more relaxed than I am in those pictures. ;)

I can't wait for the next time! 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen