Donnerstag, 24. Februar 2011

First trot!

Today, I rode Crispin for the first time this week (rode him the last time on saturday). I had the indoor all to myself and worked a little on steering, still our weakest point. He already understands leg aids *yay* and seat of course (but that one is a given) but he's still not quite sure what to make of the bit.

I really wanted to trot Crispin today, but since we hardly made down the long side of the arena in a straight line I wasn't sure if I should. I decided to just give it a try. He was such a good boy!!! It was very easy to make him trot, just a little voice and leg and off he went. He wasn't even confused when I posted. And it was much easier to get him to stay on the rail at the trot. We went once around the arena in both directions and I think he's going to be a really comfortable ride.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen