Montag, 7. März 2011

Bad week

This last week wasn't a good one.

I was sick. I had to make the decision of what I'm going to do once the Offeenstall is gone. There is still no saddle in sight and Crispin decided that it's time to become a teenage brat an acted up this week. *twice*

At first I was down with the stomach flu for a few days at the beginning of the week. At the same time I finally had to make up my mind about what I was going to do once the Offenstall is gone (which is probably very soon. They are about to start working on the new stalls). It just sucks! It took me a very long time to think about all the pros and cons and I'm sure I did make the right decision (for now) but that doesn't make me any happier about it. I hate it! I'm not moving Crispin to a new barn. He's going to stay at the barn where he is and is going to live in a box stall with group turnout. Not in the kind of stall I want or even in the herd I want him in but it's the best I could do for now. He will be moved into the herd I want him to be in once there is a stall available for him (probably in the fall, maybe sooner. Who knows).

Once I felt better I called the tack shop again. They are not able to get the saddle that might have fit Crispin and they don't have any other options either. So I'm back to square one. No saddle and no idea how to find one. (Remember, I already called every saddle fitter in the area I know of).

And to top off the week, Crispin decided to act like a stubborn, pigheaded teenager this week! A wonderful combination on an overly sensitive horse! When I lunged him on friday he managed to get away from me twice, once leaving outdoor ring in the process! And when I rode him yesterday he tried to pull off the same stunt again with me in the saddle! I could ride him through this quickly and he was a good boy after that but the whole situation is unsatisfactory. He's almost four, head of his own little herd, it's spring, it's normal that he starts testing me. Basically, I think he's ready now for a little more work to keep his pea brain busy, but without a well fitting saddle this is going to be difficult. (I can not lunge him all the time. Maybe twice a week but not more).

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen