Sonntag, 13. März 2011

The first 6 weeks of riding (and one more freejumping video)

After six weeks "under saddle" I think it's time to summarize what I did so far.

Rides 1-3:  Mounting and dismounting and being led a couple of circles by a friend.

Rides 4-9: Riding alone. Just walk in the indoor and outdoor ring and on the trails/track on the property (accompanied by another rider). Crispin responds to my leg aids well by ride 9.

Rides 10-14: I added the trot at ride 10 without any difficulties. I'm now basically riding by myself walk/trot in the indoor (steering greatly improved by now) or outdoor ring plus walk/trot on the trails/track on the property without another horse to lead.

We also did some freejumping again this sunday. Here's the video:



This time it was a little more challenging and technically difficult. Crispin managed quite well. In one round he bounces through a one stride distance but with the help of a ground pole he gets it correctly the next time. I tink there is some real jumping to be seen in the video.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen