Mittwoch, 15. Dezember 2010

Not much to report

Even though there isn't really much to report I will give a quick update on things.

The leg is looking alright (maybe I should take some pictures today). The pressure sores are healing pretty good and the swelling hasn't become as big again as I feared it would. Still, there is quite a bit of it left.

Before
Now


Pressure Sore
The yellow stuff on the sore is just a little iodine. It really does look pretty good so far.

I decided to work Crispin a little again. Just a bit in hand work and a little bit of lunging. Whenever I'm working him I put on the bridle and surcingle/pad now, even though I'm still working him off the bit, just to get him used to the equipment.

I really think I need to start him in side reins or any other kind of lunging aid. But as long as I'm only working him so little I don't feel he's quite ready for it. Well, maybe next time, next week, at least in hand.

Oh, and don't tell Santa, I already got Crispin his first Christmas gift:


Doesn't he look dashing?!

It's the Rambo Newmarket fleece cooler from Horseware in navy/cream/baby blue. Just his colors. It is soooo nice! The fleece is very thick and so cosy. Plus, I bought it on ebay and it was a very good deal. He doesn't really need a cooler like that yet and it is a little big but I think it will be very usefull in the future.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen